Join us on 24th April when David Berry, MD of Kantar Worldpanel will help set the context for the state of the market currently and how it has been trending. David will be joined by a panel of retail experts including
Fiona Heffernan (An Post), Gordon Newman (Lifestyle) and Richard Guiney (DublinTown) and Cormac Long Tesco to discuss the challenges and opportunities in this sector.
Our speakers will cover a range of the hot topics that retailers of all types are now facing
· The challenges for all operators now
· Changing shopper behaviours
· The rise of online
· The rising cost of rents
· Who's bucking the trend?
· Irish vs international chains
· Does ‘Buy Irish’ mean anything anymore?
· The future of premium, what’s ‘worth paying more for’ particularly amongst younger shoppers?
· Decline of the shopping ‘space’, i.e. megastores, shopping centres.
· What sustainability looks like and the challenges ahead.
David is an experienced market researcher, with almost twenty years in the industry working across Kantar brands in the UK & Ireland. David now leads the Irish business of Kantar Millward Brown and Kantar Worldpanel and is dedicated to helping brand owners, retailers and government bodies create the best possible service for their customers. A graduate of Cardiff University, David has lived in Ireland for more than 10 years and is an expert in understanding consumer and retailer trends, regularly featuring in business and consumer press.