April 27, 2023
The Secret to Effective Creativity: Having an eye for bias.
There is no denying that creativity is in crisis and we need to identify how we can be more effective. In this session, we will discuss how we can unravel the secret behind effective creativity through the lens of a strategist, brand owner and creative agency.
We as marketers spend so much time and energy on our brands and creative work that it can be easy to forget how ‘close’ we are to those brands. This can lead to the wrong type of work: work that persuades, work that educates, work that informs.
George Webster, Account Director at System 1 will argue that instead, we should focus on the inherent biases that unite us all. Knowing how these biases manifest in marketing and how we can create work that leveraged them.
Nandini Nandakumar, Head of Marketing Spirits at Diageo Ireland will speak from a client's lens on the importance of humanizing the creative journey and why it’s critical to drive decision-making with your head and heart working in tandem.
Deirdre Waldron, CEO at TBWA\Dublin will show examples of how we can break the echo chamber and these inherent biases as brand creators and guardians, without stifling the creative process.
VENUE: Bord Bia, 140 Pembroke Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
TIME: 4.30pm for 5.00pm start Finish 6.00 - refreshments will be served.
TICKETS: Members €30 non-members €60Register interest
Upcoming Events 2023
Upcoming Track Events: Dates to be confirmed
- 22nd June 2023: Focus on Trends: A look to the future and its implications for marketers. Brought to you in association with Red C Research & Marketing
- 25th May & 16th Nov 2023: Focus on Engagement: How to effectively attract, excite and engage your audiences. Brought to you in association with Allied Global Marketing
- 27th April & 19th October 2023: Focus on Creativity: Exploring the vital role of breakthrough creativity in Marketing today. Brought to you in association with Publicis Dublin
- 30th March 21st September 2023: Focus on Insight: The role and impact in marketing. Brought to you in association with B & A
- OUR NEXT EVENT: Thursday 30th March, "Putting Pricing at the heart of the Marketing Mix - Getting it right in today’s economic climate"
Ensure you are signed up to Marketing Society newsletters and emails to hear about upcoming eventsView all events
The Marketing Society of Ireland is a central hub for our members, creating a culture for smart marketers to be better equipped and prepared to succeed in today’s business worldFind out more
Irish Marketing Forum 2021
We bring leading marketing experts from Ireland and international markets to our members to discuss and debate the challenges that marketing faces in Ireland. A video of each talk is available for members to view following each event.Find out more
Research Excellence Awards Winners 2022Find out more
Marketing Society of Ireland
The Marketing Society is one of Ireland’s most influential drivers of marketing knowledge in the Irish business community.Find out more