Turbo Charge your Career: How Mentoring can support your Career growth.
Networking is at the heart of Marketing Society and very much valued by all our members. Mentoring for success has never been more important given the world we are in & finding others to help in that journey has never been more important. We are delighted to share a unique opportunity to tap into our community and to interact & connect with others to develop & nourish our businesses and selves.
Join us on the 24th September when we will launch a Mentoring programme with the Marketing Society together with Morgan Cummins Director of Recruitment & Coaching at TalentHub. Our panel, who will share their experience of mentors & how it has helped their business journey, includes Orlaith Blaney Chief Communications & Marketing Officer at Ervia, Brian Corish Digital Transformation Consultant & VC investor and Colin Lewis Chief Marketing Officer at OpenJaw Technologies.
To launch the Marketing Society’s Mentoring programme, Morgan will talk about the massive impact mentoring can have on careers, businesses and his work life balance. He’ll highlight the importance of taking a learning and development attitude to the programme so both mentors and mentorees learn and grow in their career as a result of giving their time and taking part. He will be joined by three marketing leaders each of which have grown their business & career successfully with the partnership of a mentor. Following the launch event, we will invite all our members to join our mentoring programme and be part of this unique opportunity.
This event is complimentary to Members of The Marketing Society of Ireland.
Non-Members €10 (plus €1.53 booking fee)
The Marketing Society as part of its 50th Anniversary Programme of initiatives was delighted to host a highly topical discussion on how we can each turbo charge our careers through mentoring. The event formally launches the Marketing Society Mentoring Programme where individuals will have the opportunity to tap into the membership network & develop a mentoring relationship to share marketing knowledge, experience, and guidance.
In a far-reaching conversation on mentoring led by Morgan Cummins, Director of Recruitment & Coaching at Talent Hub; Orlaith Blaney, Chief Communications & Marketing Officer at Ervia; Brian Corish, Digital Transformation Consultant & VC investor and Colin Lewis, Chief Marketing Officer at OpenJaw Technologies talked about how mentoring can enable your success.
THE 5 KEY TAKE-OUTS:
- It is never too late to start (Morgan was 40 before he found his first mentor).
- It is all about your attitude, you get to choose this and so if you take the right attitude to this programme you will get so much more from it.
- Set goals in advance, really listen to the gift of feedback your mentor provides you with and embrace change
- Don’t expect results over night, it does not happen. Committing to a daily plan will make it happen
- If you don’t ask you won’t get. Morgan gets asked all the time how do I find a mentor. Simple .... You have to ask yourself, as remember no-one cares about your career, until you really start caring about it first.