MARKETING SOCIETY ELECTIONS: Nominations now being accepted for New Term - January 2022
Elections will open on Thursday 21st October 2021 for four seats on the Marketing Society Council.
Marketing Society Council Election:
Four members of the Marketing Society Council are retiring at the end of 2021. Maggie Matthews; Sinead Mooney; Norman Pratt and Darragh Rea.
I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank them for their contributions to the Marketing Society during their tenure.
We have 2 vacancies on the General Panel, open to those working in the broad marketing sphere and we have 2 vacancies on the Research Panel, open to those working in Market Research.
A place on the council offers an opportunity to take a leading role in shaping the debate amongst the marketing and market research industry in Ireland. The position comes with an obligation to attend monthly council meetings, organise members’ events, and commit to a three-year term of office commencing in January 2022.
The election process is as follows:
- All nominations for the Council Elections must be in respect of a current Individual Member of the Society by the below deadline. A current member must have the support of another member on their nomination form.
- To stand for election, a completed nomination form (see attached), a 200 word biography and a headshot must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline at noon on Wednesday, 17th of November, 2021.
- If you have any questions on the process, please do not hesitate to contact Irene or our Chair Sinead Mooney.
- Voting by members of the Society will commence on Thursday the 25th of November and will remain open until Thursday the 9th of December.
- Those successfully elected will be notified by the 14th of December by our incoming chair Meadhbh Quinn.
- The term will commence in January 2022.
- Newly elected members will be required to attend the AGM (date TBC) at which their election will be ratified.
Those who will remain on Council include Meadhbh Quinn; Sarah Probert; David Cullen; Rachel Cunningham; Laura Daley; Caroline Keogh; Jennifer Power; Rawaa Shami and Sharon Treanor.